Are you ready to discover Cagliari and the surrounding area? Join me in this tour!
You will start your journey with a remarkable Cagliari tour taking in all the best sightseeing locations.
Once on the top of Monte Urpinu you will enjoy the panoramic view: Castello district with its fortified walls, Cagliari ponds, Golfo degli Angeli and the surrounding hinterland, as far as Sette Fratelli mountains.
Our tour continues to the Poetto beach: it is truly vast and closed off at one end by the Sella del Diavolo (Devil’s Saddle Headland). A legend has it that the particular shape of this limestone headland comes from an epic fight between angels and demons that took place in the skies over the Gulf of Cagliari. During the fight, Lucifer was unsaddled by his horse and lost his saddle, which fell on the land, giving it its particular shape.
At the end you discover the basilica, the sanctuary and the convent of Our Lady of Bonaria that are built on the hill south-east of the city centre.
- Walking tour
- Discover the secrets of the medieval quarter among its strong walls, its impressive towers, its ancient churches, narrow streets and terraces.
- The church of St Mary
- The Sanctuary of the Martyrs hosted in the crypt is home to 179 niches containing relics of Cagliari’s martyrs.
- Royal Palace
- Elephant Tower and St Pancras Tower
- Saint Remy Rampart (Bastione di Saint Remy)
Enjoy your free time at Piazza Yenne for shopping or an Italian cappuccino.
Available starting time
- Early morning - before 9:00
- Morning - 9:00-13:00
- Afternoon - 13:00-18:00
- Evening - 18:00-22:00
- Night - after 22:00