Get close to the summit of Mount Etna, have lunch in a restaurant and finally enjoy the visit of the Alcantara Canyons!
You will arrive at 2000 meters of altitude by minivan. Thanks to the cablecar, you will reach 2500 meters of altitude and then, on board of off-road vehicles, you will reach approximately 3000 meters of altitude, the area called Torre del Filosofo, from where you will see the summit. There, walking through woods and extinct craters, you will discover the fascinating and spectacular volcanic phenomena that have occurred over time.
Then, you will go down to 2000 meters where we will give you the proper equipment (helmets and torches) to visit one of the striking lava caves of Mt. Etna.
For lunch, we will offer you a typical Sicilian lunch in a restaurant. Feel at home, feel Sicilian!
Lastly, you will visit the Alcantara Gorges; thousand of years ago, thick lava flowed into the Alcantara river. Walking through the shallow river, surrounded by high basaltic walls, you will marvel at Mother Nature’s geometrical phenomena.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Taormina and surroundings
- approximately 3000 meters altitude
- Lava cave
- Typical Sicilian lunch in a restaurant
- Alcantara Canyons
- Free rental of hiking boots and jackets
- Ages: suitable for all ages (not for pregnant women)
- When: every day!
- Duration: from 9.00 am to 6.30 pm
- Where: Etna South (cable car and off road vehicles)
- Languages: English, Italian
Available starting time
- Early morning - before 9:00
- Morning - 9:00-13:00
- Afternoon - 13:00-18:00
- Evening - 18:00-22:00
- Night - after 22:00