Excursion full day on Mt. Etna, wine tasting in a winery accompanied by a typical Sicilian lunch, and visit of the Alcantara Canyons!
The guides who will accompany you in this exciting excursion to Mount Etna will take you to discover all the colors and the fascinating stories of Mount Etna.
1. You will explore the volcanic fields by a leisurely trek, walking through deserts of ash and lava at approximately 2000 meters of altitude. Hiking through ancient woods and along lava covered paths, you will explore and admire extinct craters and lava flowings.
2. Equipped with torches and helmets you will visit the volcanic underground, discovering one of the fascinating lava caves of Mt. Etna.
3. Lunch Break – enjoy the traditional Sicilian cuisine and taste three types of Etna DOC wines overlooking the vineyards from a local winery.
4. You will visit the Alcantara Gorges; thousands of years ago, thick lava flowed into the Alcantara River. You will marvel at the high basaltic walls that surround the shallow river. You will be free to put your toes in while you observe Mother Nature’s geometric perfection.
Highlights of Full day Mount Etna excursion:
- Excursion by Jeep or minibus (maximum 8 people)
- Pick-up and drop-off from Taormina and surrounding areas
- 2000 metres altitude
- Soft trekking (hiking boots and jackets provided free of charge)
- Lava cave
- Wine tasting and Sicilian lunch in a winery of Etna
- Alcantara Canyons
- Ages: suitable for all ages
- When: every day
- Duration: 9.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- Where: Etna North
- Languages: English, Italian
- All included price: 78€ adults, 68€ children and students under 24
Available starting time
- Early morning - before 9:00
- Morning - 9:00-13:00
- Afternoon - 13:00-18:00
- Evening - 18:00-22:00
- Night - after 22:00